Saturday 1 December 2012

Ladies Man


15 months and Armanno is on the move like never before! I started back to work and was getting full-time hours but was able to work around my husbands schedule that way we didn't have to find child care. This was such a relief, thinking about putting my baby in the care of a stranger was nerve racking!

I was still taking Armanno to playgroups and the park during the days and working evenings. As horrible as it may sound these outings were never my favorite. I would have sooner stayed home with just him and I. For me as a mom this wasn't a choice I knew even though it was somewhat exhausting for me, it was great for Armanno. He loved playgroups and the playground, although he wasn't interested in the equipment at the playground or the toys at playgroups, he was interested in the kids, normal right?

These were my outlets for socialization, since he wasn't in daycare and didn't have cousins or siblings in his age range this was it for him! 

Instead of playing on the slides and swings I found Armanno wanting to hug and grab the other kids, he had lots of love to give but it was what I like to refer to as "aggressive love." He was still in his rough stage, aren't all boys at this age?

Similar to home I was pulling him not out of places but off of other children. He was hugging to the point of pulling kids to the ground, rolling on them and making them cry! He seemed to be drawn more to girls but he certainly didn't discriminate.

I thought it was pretty cute in the beginning and so did other mom's, he was a little ladies man! This was no biggie it was just an opportunity to start teaching him social skills and appropriate greetings. Well this would prove to be one of his most challenging behaviors!

No comments:

Post a Comment